At Byte Signal, LLC., we are aware of our responsibilities and are dedicated to protecting the privacy rights of every internet user. We strongly oppose the act of sending unsolicited Email (Spam) and have made every effort to discourage and prohibit spam solicitation.
Byte Signal, LLC, stringent spam policy, we maintain the right to refuse business from known spammers. If a current Byte Signal, LLC customer uses our products or services for spamming purposes, their product use privileges and/or service contract will be voided without refund.
We are highly sensitive to the privacy of each of the subscribers on our hosted Email lists and will keep their name, address and any other information confidential. We require that each broadcasted message includes an easy way for the subscriber to unsubscribe from the list, and in cases where the subscriber cannot remove themselves from the list for technical reasons, our staff is available to help with a request.
Byte Signal, LLC maintains the right to determine whether a customer is spamming. To determine whether a customer is in spam violation, Byte Signal, LLC considers a number of factors including:
- Complaints sent to abuse report addresses
- Spam Cop reports
- Complaints sent to any of Byte Signal, LLC.’s upstream providers
- The evaluation of a customer’s mass e-mail statistic and recipient addresses
All decisions to terminate a customer’s Byte Signal account due to abuse of Byte Signal, LLC Email services are final.
Definition of Spam
Spam is unsolicited Email known as junk mail or UCE (unsolicited commercial Email). By sending communication to only those who have opted-in to receive Emails, you are following accepted permission-based Email Guidelines.
Example of Spam
- An Email sent to a member who had previously signed up to receive newsletters, product information or any other type of bulk Email but later opted-out by indicating to the sender that they (member) did not want to receive additional Email.
- An Email sent to members who have had no prior association with the organization or did not agree to receive communication from the organization.
- An Email sent to a member without a way for a person to opt-out or unsubscribe from future mailings.
- An Email that does not have a valid Email address in the reply-to line.
- Emails that contain false or misleading information.
- Unless the recipient has specifically requested information from an adult website, any Email with adult-related content is prohibited.
- Any “harvested” Email addresses
What is Not Spam
- Emails the member requested to receive from the sender or the sender’s organization.
- Emails sent by an organization which gives the subscriber a way to opt-out of future mailings.
If you have any questions about our Anti-Spam Policy, or you want to report spamming activity by one of our customers, please contact [email protected]. Byte Signal, LLC agrees and supports to protecting consumer privacy, curbing unsolicited commercial Email and promoting responsible Email practices.
Permission-Based Marketing Policy
Byte Signal, LLC is a powerful e-marketing tool designed for permission-based communications. Our clients use Byte Signal to send Email newsletters and promotions to customers and prospects. Byte Signal, LLC policy strictly forbids the use of our services for the transmission of unsolicited “bulk” or commercial Email. Clients use Byte Signal to send Emails to individuals with whom they have an existing relationship or who have expressly indicated through an opt-in process that they want to receive Email communication. If a customer chooses to use an opt-in list, they must provide Byte Signal with the source of that information if asked.
Unsubscribing from a Byte Signal Email
Each Email sent through Byte Signal, LLC contains an easy and automated way to unsubscribe from receiving Emails from the sender. You may also change your expressed interests at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe or change interests, simply follow the instructions at the bottom of any Email. Our clients are well versed by Byte Signal, LLC not to use a borrowed, rented or purchased lists, Email append lists or any other list that contains Email addresses that are not the correct methods. The use of Email opt-out lists is prohibited in our system. Byte Signal, LLC retains the right to review client lists and Emails to verify that clients are abiding by the privacy and permission policies set forth herein. However, Byte Signal, LLC clients are ultimately responsible for compliance with our policies.
What to do if you believe you have been spammed.
If you believe you have received an unsolicited Email using Byte Signal Email system, please take a moment and send [email protected] a note.
How do we protect your privacy?
We use strict measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system.
Why did you receive an Email from our Email System?
If you received an Email from us, it is because one of our clients used the Byte Signal, LLC software system to send you an Email. Our clients certify that all Email addresses used in our system are opt-in members who have given our clients permission to send them Email. We promise to keep your Email address secure and private and will not use it for other purposes.
Will your Information be shared, sold or rented?
We will never share, sell or rent personal information unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees responsible for managing this data.
Byte Signal, LLC has taken a proactive measure in permission-based marketing by adopting opt-in procedures into website Email Collection tools used by Byte Signal, LLC and our clients. Anytime someone subscribes to our clients Emails using our system, that NEW member will receive a confirmation Email. If they did not sign up, they may unsubscribe.
- Results. Email marketing is most effective when messages are anticipated, personal and relevant. Sending unsolicited Email reduces deliverability and ROI.
- Reputation. Inappropriate use of Email generates customer complaints and will damage your reputation and brand.
- Legal Environment. Permission-based Email marketing is no longer voluntary. Recently enacted legislation makes “direct consent” the law, and permits large fines for marketers not following permission practices.
If you have any questions about Byte Signal, LLC Anti-Spam Policy, please contact us at 636-486-4753 or email [email protected]